Serengeti National Park
Day Trip - Full Day
One of the last major wildlife spectacles on Earth comes to mind at the mention of the name ‘Serengeti’. Best known for the most spectacular and celebrated scene most tourists to Serengeti can’t afford to miss out on – the Great Migration, it is genuinely unique in and of itself; teeming with innumerable wildebeests and zebras feeding on the endless plains that are dominated by acacia trees, meadows, kopjes, hills, and streams of rivers that flow across the park.
Given its huge geographical area, there’s always something fascinating going on in the animal community – lions might be seen napping or patiently hunting their prey, dung beetles rolling a lump of elephant dung, or thousands of wildebeests and zebras crossing Mara and Grumet river. The park is also home to thousands of birds and reptiles, where they can be spotted roaming freely around the savannah woodland.
It is typical to spot elephants, giraffes, impala, zebra, topis, ostriches, hippos, waterbuck, and many other smaller species along the Serengeti’s western corridor, which is more forested. Thanks to its tremendous predator concentrations and the Great Migration of two million wildebeest, Serengeti National Park ensures an excellent safari.
Take a brief break in the afternoon then proceed with game drive around the park while driving back to Mwanza in the early evening. Arrive in Mwanza and transfer to your hotel / residence.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel / residence
- Impala DMC’s private and fully equipped 4×4 safari vehicle
- All park entry fees and taxes
- Breakfast at Ndabaka Gate
- Delicious lunch box
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Selous Game Reserve
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund(Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, comfortable shoes, camera, binoculars, and empty water bottle (optional)
Other places to visit in Mwanza for a day trip
- Rubondo National Park – A lovely green space in Mwanza teeming with wildlife
- Sukuma Museum – Learn the Sukuma royal lineage and traditional customs
- Bismarck Rock – Mwanza’s famous Landmark and great sunset spot
- Saanane National Park – The smallest National Park in East Africa