Selous Game Reserve / Nyerere National Park
Day Trip - Full Day
Driving around Selous is an adventure of its kind. Although the park operates on a high-cost, low impact system, a lifetime experience and solitude of Selous game reserve is a guarantee. It is estimated to be the home to more than a million wild animals. It boasts the status of being the largest wildlife reserve in Africa and the second largest in the world, covering an area of about 54,600 km2 (21,100 sq. miles).
It is roughly the size of Denmark and four times larger than the great Serengeti. The Rufiji River which is the largest river in Tanzania and lifeblood of Selous, offers a thrilling wildlife experience with huge crocodiles, hippos, and other wild species including buffalo, giraffes, and elephants lining up along the riverbank to drink water.
Bird lovers will also find refuge in Selous given the presence of more than 350 including the colorful bee-eaters, pairs of Africa fish eagles, storks and skimmers as well as kingfishers, just to name a few.
Arrive to Selous Game Reserve in the morning and enjoy a fabulous game drive till afternoon. Proceed on a game drive after lunch break before driving back to the airstrip and fly back to Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar from where you’ll be transferred back to your hotel or residence.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel/place of residence
- Zanzibar / Dar es Salaam round-trip flight
- Impala DMC’s private and fully equipped 4×4 safari vehicle
- All park entry fees
- Delicious meal for lunch
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Selous Game Reserve
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund(Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, binoculars, camera, and empty water bottle (optional)
Other places to visit from Dar es Salaam for a day trip
- Katavi National Park
- Ruaha National Park
- Mikumi National Park
- Bagamoyo ruins
- Mafia Island
- City tour
- Visit the National Museum and Village Museum for a glimpse in the colonial era.
- Not recommended for wheelchair users and anyone with mobility issues.