Mikumi National Park
Day Trip - Full Day
Welcome to Mikumi National Park, home to the Big 5, several species of birds and so much more.
Boasting the fourth-largest-national-park status in Tanzania, Mikumi covers an area of 3,260 sq. km (1,271 sq. ml) of open grassland and forested slopes on each side of the main road that runs across southern Tanzania, the main game-viewing circuit that loops northwest of the landscape of swaying grass and isolated trees reminiscent of the Serengeti.
The floodplain supports large number of buffalo, giraffe, elephant, wildebeest, zebra, eland, impala, yellow baboon, lions, spotted hyena, a few wild dog, as well as waterbuck, reedbuck, and warthog; the most common being buffalo, wildebeest, lions, leopards, crocodiles, elephants, zebras, and giraffes.
Chances are you’ll come across these animals soon as you are in for a game drive. The park also boasts about 400 bird species among which are ground hornbill, bateleur eagle, and lilac-breasted roller.
Take a break in the afternoon then proceed with a game drive till early evening, fly back to Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar airport, from where you’ll be transferred back to your hotel or residence.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel/place of residence
- Zanzibar / Dar es Salaam round-trip flight
- Impala DMC’s private and fully equipped 4×4 safari vehicle
- All park entry fees
- Delicious lunchbox
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Zanzibar
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, binoculars, camera, and empty water bottle (optional)
- Not recommended for wheelchair users and anyone with mobility issues.
Other places to visit in Zanzibar for a day trip
Katavi National Park
Ruaha National Park
Mikumi National Park
Dar es Salaam City tour
National Museum and Village Museum to have a glimpse into the colonial eras