Kikuletwa/Chemka Hot Springs
Day Trip - Full Day
Chemka Hot Springs or Kikuletwa Hot Springs as known by the locals is yet another wonderful destination perfectly located on the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, between Arusha and Moshi in the village of Rundugai adjacent to Boma Ng’ombe. It’s a hidden gem with beautiful environment for any curious day tripper to enjoy, offering breathtaking landscape, sparkling-clear water, and the ideal ambiance for a day trip.
The pool is relatively wide and measures 5 meters deep in some areas. Novice swimmers, on the contrary, should proceed with caution because there are several areas where the depth can reach up to 10 meters.
The road to the springs gives you a glimpse of Tanzanian country life, complete with busy marketplaces, charming locals, farmlands, and other such sights. Upon arrival, the next few hours are yours to enjoy as you had imagined; soaking in the wonderful warmth of the water, sunbathing, swinging on the rope-swings by the pool, unwinding in the sun-mottled shade of the trees, reading, and enjoying your packed lunch in the afternoon.
Drive back to Moshi or Arusha in the late afternoon after enjoying a wonderful day in the sun.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Impala DMC’s private vehicle suitable for Kikuletwa
- All entry fees and taxes
- Delicious lunch box
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Kikuletwa/Chemka Hot Springs
Tarangire is famous for its prolific birdlife. About 550 species have been recorded here, including a significant number of Palearctic migrants, orange-bellied parrot, bare-faced go-away bird, red-and-yellow barbet, silver bird, yellow-collared lovebird, and drabber ashy starling, etc.
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund(Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, swimsuit, empty water bottle (optional)
Other places to visit near Boma Ng’ombe
- Maasai village
- Bang’ata and Themi waterfalls: On the foothill of Mount Meru
- Lake Chala in Moshi for hiking, canoeing, picnicking etc.