Jozani Forest National Park
Jozani Forest - Half Day
Jozani Forest is famous for being the only home to the rare red colobus monkeys in the world and protects one of two last remaining pockets of indigenous flora (mangroves) that is said to cover the entire island at some point in history.
Some of other wildlife found in Jozani includes, small buck, Sykes’s monkeys, and bush pigs. Reptiles include chameleon, tortoise, monitor lizard, gecko, green-tree snakes, mamba, python and stripped lizards. Its total area includes a portion of the Jozani Chwaka National Park, measuring an area of 50 sq. kilometers (19 sq. miles).
The park is located in the central-east region of Zanzibar and features perfect nature trails. The first session of your day trip to Jozani Forest is a stroll along the nature trail with the focus of spotting the red colobus monkeys. This is arguably the most fascinating highlight of your day trip – giving the opportunity to experience the tranquility of the nature walk and wildlife around you. To ensure a fun and safe tour while you’re here, it’s crucial that you pay attention to your guide’s instructions and follow them.
After a couple of hours in Jozani National Park, you’ll exit the park and transfer back to your hotel or residence.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel/residence in Stone town
- All entry fees and taxes
- Waiting fees for transportation
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Zanzibar
Other places to visit in Zanzibar for a day trip
House of wonder
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide (native to Zanzibar) available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, camera, binoculars, and empty water bottle (optional)
- Female tourists are advised to dress modestly, covering their knees and shoulders.
- A round-trip flight from Dar es Salaam can be arranged (additional fees apply)