Tarangire National Park
Day Trip - Full Day
Welcome to Tarangire, the land of elephants and birds! As known as “the Elephant Playground,” Tarangire is another excellent day trip destination in the northern tourist’s circuit. Due to the significant number of elephants, the amusement can be exceptional; they are Tarangire’s defining feature and add more essence to its wildlife.
While the neighboring Serengeti National Park is the main attraction for most visitors to Tanzania, many admit that their trip’s genuine thrill was the less-famous Tarangire National Park. It’s a stunning park, marked by century-old baobabs that guard the riverbeds and open grass plains like sentinels. It is home to a populace of other wildlife such as impala, Thomson’s gazelle, kudu, eland, zebra, wild ox, reedbuck, spotted hyena etc. as well as a few members of the Big 5 such as lion, leopard, cheetah that only appear to support the more open parts of the south. There’s a greater possibility you will see more wild animals here than in Serengeti due to the area’s high wildlife density, which is second only to Ngorongoro. Watch out for the enormous pythons as well as the tree-climbing lions, much as you would in Manyara National.
With over 500 species reported, Tarangire boasts the highest concentration of birds than any other destination on the planet. Green and yellow parrots, lovebirds, swallows, and green wood hoopoes are just a few examples. Depart Tarangire in the late afternoon to arrive in Arusha or Moshi in evening.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Impala DMC’s 4×4 private safari vehicle
- All park entry fees and taxes
- Delicious lunch box
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Tarangire National Park
Tarangire is famous for its prolific birdlife. About 550 species have been recorded here, including a significant number of Palearctic migrants, orange-bellied parrot, bare-faced go-away bird, red-and-yellow barbet, silver bird, yellow-collared lovebird, and drabber ashy starling, etc.
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private group
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, sun glasses with polarized lenses, and empty water bottle (optional).
- Picnic lunch at Endalla Picnic Site
Other places to visit adjacent to Tarangire National Park for a day trip