Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day Trip - Full Day
There are no words to describe the Ngorongoro Crater’s stunning magnificence. You will only appreciate the genuine make up of its nature as we stand at the viewpoint of the crater rim and gaze into the crater. If you’re a curious observer, you will notice clouds hovering about the rim and a cool mountain breeze in the air. With an estimated 30,000 animals residing here, the crater floor is a real nirvana and home to the Big 5, elephants, warthogs, gnu (wildebeest), zebras, Thomson’s and Grant’s gazelles, and has the densest population of lions in the world. On the crater floor, cheetahs are frequently spotted, although leopard sightings are very rare.
One of the most fulfilling events of your life will likely be this trip down to the crater. The caldera is thought to have formed about 2.5 million years ago from a large active volcano whose cone collapsed inward after a major eruption, leaving the present vast, unbroken caldera as its chief remnant. Due to limited forage for huge antelope herds, it may come as a surprise that there are no giraffes, topis, or impala in the crater. Wildebeest, zebra, and caparisoned buffalo are the typical prey mammals. A hunt can be readily observed and pursued over the open plains.
After a great day in the crater, we leave the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and drive back to either Arusha or Moshi in the late afternoon to arrive in the evening.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Impala DMC’s 4×4 private safari vehicle
- All park entry fees and taxes
- Delicious lunch box
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Walking safaris to Empakaai Crater
Mountain trekking to Oldoinyo Lengai
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is believed to have been habited by the earliest human ancestors.
This interesting human history has been evidently proved by the presence of the Olduvai Gorge where discoveries of human remnants were found by Dr. Louis along with his wife Mary Leakey. Impala DMC can organize a visit to the Olduvai Gorge Museum to help you learn more about this interesting human history and many more.
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, sun glasses, empty water bottle (optional).
- Picnic and washroom locations: Ngoitokitok Springs, Lerai Forest
Other places to visit adjacent to NCA for a day trip