Materuni Waterfalls and Coffee Tour
Day Trip - Full Day
A day trip to Materuni Village and Waterfalls is an awesome opportunity to escape the busy life of the city and spend a day relaxing and learning about the real Chagga village life. You can get a taste of everyday village life and learn about the history, traditions, and cultural life of the locals during the first portion of the journey to the waterfalls from your guide. Reaching the waterfalls you can take the time to relax, swim and have fun.
If you are about to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and wish to prepare your body for the trek, or if you wish to ease your muscles after the trek, then a hike to Materuni waterfalls is a perfect activity for you.
Following is an excursion to the nearby village located among the coffee plantations after the tour to Materuni waterfalls. When you first arrive in the village, your local hosts will show you the process of growing coffee, walk you through the grinding process of coffee beans to the actual drink, and if it pleases you, you can take part in the entire process.
Round off your day thrills with a cool soak in the waterfall pool before driving back to Moshi or Arusha.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Impala DMC’s private vehicle suitable for Materuni
- All entry fees and taxes
- Delicious lunch box
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Tarangire National Park
Tarangire is famous for its prolific birdlife. About 550 species have been recorded here, including a significant number of Palearctic migrants, orange-bellied parrot, bare-faced go-away bird, red-and-yellow barbet, silver bird, yellow-collared lovebird, and drabber ashy starling, etc.
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private group
- Things to bring: Sun hat, comfortable shoes, camera, binoculars, and empty water bottle (optional).
- Picnic lunch at Endalla Picnic Site
Other places to visit in Materuni Village
The Maasai market, which opens on Fridays, is an excellent place to purchase souvenirs such as bracelets, necklaces, and other handicrafts if you happen to visit Materuni waterfalls on Friday.