Day Trip - Full Day
Upon arrival in Mafia, your guide will meet you and drive to whale shake base for some great morning time. Before embarking on a small city tour in Kilindoni, you can spend some time swimming and snorkeling with whales while you’re here.
It’s like a decent dosage of electric therapy, when diving in the ocean over Mafia’s coral reefs; it will definitely deaden your stress. Even the most cynical person will experience something akin to a religious epiphany while floating above this parallel cosmos, which is teeming with wonderfully patterned and vibrantly colored fish. You’ll soon discover that you’re in one of the few destinations that offer some of the best snorkeling and diving sites in East Africa.
The capital of Mafia Island, Kilindoni, has a population of roughly 12,000 and is only 1 km from Mafia Airport. Despite having a respectably good supply of retail outlets, the town has extremely few supplies available. Walking through this small town is like reliving the 1950s, when modern technology was still but a myth.
Enjoy a short break in the afternoon before heading back to Mafia Airport to catch a flight to Zanzibar or Dar es Salaam, from which point you will be transferred back to your hotel or place of residence.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel/place of residence
- Zanzibar / Dar es Salaam round-trip flight
- Impala DMC’s private and fully equipped 4×4 safari vehicle
- All entry fees
- Delicious meal for lunch
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Zanzibar
- Scuba diving
- Snorkeling in the marine park
- Swimming with the whale shark
- Shopping tour
- A visit to Kilindoni Market
Other places to visit in Zanzibar for a day trip
Jozani Forest National Park
House of wonder
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private group
- Things to bring: Sun hat, comfortable shoes, camera, binoculars, and empty water bottle (optional).
- Picnic lunch at Endalla Picnic Site
- Female tourists are advised to dress modestly, covering their knees and shoulders.
- A round-trip flight from Dar es Salaam can be arranged (additional fees apply)