Lake Manyara National Park
Day Trip - Full Day
Despite being observed in some other destinations in Tanzania, the tree-climbing lions are still linked with Lake Manyara National Park, where they were originally observed and studied. It has been adopted as individuals migrate between territories and is thought to have first evolved as a means of evading biting flies and spotting prey.
Look out for Sykes’ monkeys and olive baboon groups who may be dancing on the trees along the road. There’s a good chance for an elephant to be crossing your path as you turn to the next corner; interestingly, elephants tend to use the road to get around than slogging through the forest. During the dry season, plains animals such as wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, and buffalo come into open. Enjoy a stunning display of color exhibited by the pink flamingos on the lake, one of the 400 bird species that have been recorded here.
You will depart the park early in the afternoon and visit Mto wa Mbu village on your way back to Arusha or Moshi.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Impala DMC’s 4×4 private safari vehicle
- All park entry fees and taxes
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you
(Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Zanzibar
Boat or canoe ride
Tarangire is famous for its prolific birdlife. About 550 species have been recorded here, including a significant number of Palearctic migrants, orange-bellied parrot, bare-faced go-away bird, red-and-yellow barbet, silver bird, yellow-collared lovebird, and drabber ashy starling, etc.
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Available for private group
- Things to bring: Sun hat, comfortable shoes, camera, binoculars, and empty water bottle (optional).
- Picnic lunch at Endalla Picnic Site
Other places to visit adjacent to Lake manyara National Park for a day trip