Arusha National Park
Day Trip - Full Day
Named after ‘Tanzania’s Safari Capital’, Arusha National Park makes a perfect destination for a day trip. Its minuscule Lakes of Momela, the Ngurdoto Crater forests, and soaring peaks of Mount Meru (the 2nd highest peak in Tanzania after Mt. Kilimanjaro) are the ideal distinctive features for a profusion of wonderful wildlife and an amazing walking safari experience.
Despite being small, the park hosts giraffes, Cape buffalo, Burchell’s zebras, warthogs, the black-and-white colobus monkey, the blue monkey, flamingos, elephants, bushbucks, and a variety of other African wild animals.
Very few National Parks in Tanzania provide you with a unique opportunity to experience wildlife in a more intimate way, something you’d never experience by just driving around. This gives you unrivaled interaction with nature and a vibrant sense of being in sync with nature, especially during the hiking session with an armed game ranger who will guide you through the tropical forest and introduce you to flora and fauna of Arusha National Park.
After enjoying the landscape on foot, you hop back to your safari vehicle and drive to the interior part of the park to spot more animals until you reach the Momela lakes where you can enjoy a picturesque lake covered with pink flamingos before driving back to the agreed pick-up point.
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Private-Impala DMC fully equipped safari vehicle
- All park entry fees and taxes
- Delicious lunch box
- Bottled water
- Other soft drinks and snacks
- Any last-minute changes made by you (Contact us for availability 24hrs prior to departure)
Other Interesting facts about Arusha National Park
- Bird watching
- Wildlife spotting
- Walking safaris
- Camel safaris
Arusha National Park is regarded as one of the safest destinations for family jaunt. Under the supervision of a game ranger, kids can safely explore around the park in designated nature trails, catch and release butterflies, tell stories, spot wildlife and learn about ecology.
More about this trip
- Free cancellation up to 24hrs in advance for a full refund (Applies only for bookings made more than 48hrs prior to departure)
- Live Tour Guide available for English, Spanish, French and German nationals
- Can be tailored for private groups
- Things to bring: Sun hat, good hiking shoes, camera, binoculars, and empty water bottle (optional).
Other places to visit adjacent to Arusha National Park for a day trip
- Lake Duluti for hiking, birding, nature walks, and Canoeing
- A visit to Maasai boma (homestead)
- Cultural Heritage Centre for best jewelry and tanzanite gemstone shopping
- Meserani Snake Park
- Bang’ata and Themi waterfalls
- Arusha Maasai Market
- Mount Meru for mountain trekking
- A visit to Snake and Reptile Farm (open daily from 9am-5pm) at Arusha N.P